FASHION BEAUTY LIFESTYLE

Monday 16 November 2015

URBAN DECAY SMOKY EYE PALETTE REVIEW

This is my third Urban Decay palette, and they never cease to impress. I absolutely adored the Naked palettes 1 and 3, so I thought I would try out their new one that everybody has being talking about. Starting off with the packaging. They have certainly outdone themselves as it is stunning, and I am in love with I every time I pick it up. They’ve gone for a marble metallic look and I’ll say it once again, I am in love. 
When you open it up, there is a double sided brush, as always, but this time the brushes are different. One is amazing for applying and the other one for blending, and the bristles are extremely soft. The shades are actually quite similar to the original Naked palette, except it has a few darker coulours, and less nudes. I will admit, I haven’t picked it up often, and I’m not sure if I’m absolutely in love with it yet, but it’s definitely one to have in your collection, as it’s great for a dark dramatic smoky eye.
 I have three favourite shades: High, which is a glittery vanilla colour, and is amazing for the inner corner of your eyes; Armor, a metallic silver that is definitely not an everyday shade, but certainly an beautiful one; and lastly Smolder, that’s a dark autumnal shade, that’s nearly on the purple side, without looking too unique, so it still looks amazing with just a little black dress. I’m still working out how exactly to combine the other shades in everyday life, especially as lately I’ve had a few new palettes to try, that you guys will see soon. 
I definitely do recommend this palette though, it has the shades to create some beautiful looks, so send me a pic if you give it a go.
Do you own this palette? Love, Sara xx
Share:

2 comments

  1. I got this palette a few months ago, and I don't really think it's my favorite. The formula is so finely milled and it makes the shadows a bit flat and non dimensional. I don't know....I haven't really used it all that much! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it depends on which eye primer you use. I had the same problem but then started wearing a primer underneath and it was fine! xx

    ReplyDelete

© UNDERGROUND FAIRYTALES | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig