FASHION BEAUTY LIFESTYLE

Friday 8 January 2016

TIPS FOR ASPIRING FASHION DESIGNERS: MATERIALS

Today I thought I would write the second ‘episode’ of my ‘Tips for aspiring fashion designers’ series. This one is going to be all about materials. 

The first thing I think is very important to have is the right type of paper. For about two or three years now I have been trying out different types and makes, but I keep coming back to the Letraset Bleedproof Marker Pad. 

It has really thin sheets, but doesn’t let markers pass through the paper. It’s very light to carry around, and has about 50 sheets in it. Any type of bleed proof paper is fine if you’re using markers, but I really recommend the Letraset Pad as it is my favourite. Secondly you need markers. Since I can remember I’ve used Promarkers, and in my opinion they’re the best you can get. 

I now have all the shades, and there is such an amazing variety of colours. They’re amazing for making shadows and for adding layers, which I find very useful to show the draping of a dress. Coloured pencils are also very useful to use with markers, as they are great for producing shadows, and i would recommend the Faber Castell ones, as they are amazing quality. And lastly a portfolio. This will be where you collect all your favourite designs, inspiration, colour palettes, descriptions and pieces of materials. 

I have one from Tiger which i really enjoy, as it’s really big and fits A LOT of drawings in it. On the front I wrote the name I would like to give my brand, Alikee. It should be a book that inspires you every time you open it, and something you are really proud of. I’m going to leave this here, but look out for my post on inspiration next week! 

Love, Sara xx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UNDERGROUND FAIRYTALES | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig