FASHION BEAUTY LIFESTYLE

Friday 1 January 2016

TIPS FOR ASPIRING FASHION DESIGNERS: BOOKS

When I first started getting into fashion designing, when I was about nine years old, I would copy my drawings from books and magazines. I thought today I would tell you what are the best books you can own about fashion and that are great inspiration.
I received The Teen Vogue Handbook when I turned 13, and since then that has been my source for a lot of information. It’s great if you want to find out more about the business, the names you need to know, and where are the best places to study.
I actually received the next four books all last Christmas. The first one i’m going to talk about is 50 Contemporary Fashion Designers You Should Know, which is, as the title says, a book that talks about designers you should keep an eye on, as they are amazing unknown, or emerging designers. I’ve found some great designers in that book, and I really like to read it now and then to find some inspiration.
Then I have Japanese Street Style by Pat Little, this book i absolutely amazing for inspiration. The Japanese fashion culture is absolutely crazy, and they have strange but amazing ideas on how to pair things.
The next two books are pretty much just for fashion culture. 20th Century Fashion by Jim Heimann and Alison A. Nieder and Vogue Covers by Thames & Hudson are two books, mainly pictures, of ads from the last one hundred years, and the Vogue covers since 1920. 
I absolutely love these books, and out of all the fashion books I own, they are definitely my favourites! 
Do you own any of these? 
Love, Sara xx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UNDERGROUND FAIRYTALES | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig